Moychoy niouk Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 2 lbs nice not-too-fat pork belly with skin
- about 200g dried salted mustard (kon ham choy)
- garlic (1 bulb)
- dark soy sauce
- fish sauce
- chinese rice wine
How to make Moychoy niouk
- Soak dried mustard till soft, rinse, chop into 1cm pieces.
- Boil some water in a wok. Drop in the pork belly. Leave for 10 mins, turn once.
- Remove and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Heat some oil in a hot wok. Add the pork belly, skin side down.
Be careful, hot oil will splash out ! Cover. Leave covered 5 mins and turn over.
- Let cook for 5 more mins. Remove and drain.
- When the pork has cooled down, cut into 1 ½ cm thick slices.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in hot wok. Add the pork slices, season with salt, fish sauce, dark soya sauce and sugar.
- Stir fry till nicely brown. Add garlic and salted mustard. Add wine.
- Cook until almost dry. Remove from heat.
- Arrange pork slices in a bowl, skin side down. Put the dried mustard on top.
- Steam for about 2-3 hours until the meat is tender and full of flavour.
- When cooked, remove, and turn bowl on a dish for a nice presentation.