Mrs Alphonse Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
Ingredients2 sponge cakes
- 125g dark chocolate cut into small pieces
- 125g whipping cream
- 50g butter
- 150g milk
- 2 egg yolk
- 30g sugar
- 280g whipping cream
- 11/2 gelatine sheet
- 160g dark chocolate cut into small pieces
- 225g milk
- 80g coconut cream
- 4 egg yolk
- 40g sugar
- 3 gelatine sheet
- 230g whipping cream
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Mrs Alphonse
- Heat cream and butter in a sauce pan until it comes to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add in chocolate, whisk until smooth.
- Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice to cool the mixture, stirring occasionally until thick but spreadable.
- Spread the ganache on the swiss roll and roll it.
- Put it in the fridge to let the ganache set.
- Cut the swiss roll 1cm thick and line slices in a bowl, to make the turtle’s shell.
gelatine sheets in cold water.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Bring milk to boil.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar, slowly pour the boiling milk over egg mixture.Pour it back in the saucepan, stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.Remove from heat, stir in the gelatine and melted chocolate mix well and leave to cool.
- Whip cream to a medium peak. Fold into the cool chocolate mixture. Pour it over the swiss roll and let it set.
For Coconut Bavarois
- Soak gelatine sheet in cold water.
- Bring coconut cream and milk to boil.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar, slowly pour the mixture over egg mixture. Pour it in the saucepan, stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat, stir in the gelatine and leave to cool.
- Whip cream to medium peak and fold
into the cool mixture. Pour it over the chocolate bavarois.
- Let it set in the fridge for 1 hour then place the sponge cake on top.