Vanilla cream swiss roll Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsFor sponge cake
- 4 eggs
- 120g cake flour
- 120g sugar
For vanilla cream
- 200ml fresh milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 20g flour
- 8g cornflour
- 40g sugar
- 100ml whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
- vanilla beans
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Vanilla cream swiss roll
Sponge cake :
- Beat eggs and sugar till creamy and pale yellow.
- Fold in the sifted flour.
- Bake in sponge tray in preheated oven 200°C for 10 to 15mins.
Vanilla cream :
- Boil milk with splitted vanilla beans.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add in flour and cornflour. Mix well.
- Pour half of the boiling milk whilst stiring.
- Pour mixture in the remaining hot milk, mix well and cook on low heat till thick.
- Soak gelatin in cold water. Drain, add to hot cream. Mix well.
In a cold bowl, beat whipping cream till light and fluffy. Add icing sugar. Beat for 1 more min.
Fold in the whipped cream with the warm vanilla cream.
Spread on sponge cake. Roll the cake carefully.
Let it rest in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.