Soft Christmas Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMakes about 15 small cookies:
175g plain flour
90g brown sugar
50g unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 small egg, beaten
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Icing sugar to dust
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Soft Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
1) Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
2) Use your fingers to rub in the diced butter. Mix in the sugar.
3) Mix the egg with the syrup then pour into the flour mixture. Fold in well to form a dough.
4) Tip some flour onto the work surface and knead the dough until smooth.
5) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
6) Roll the dough out and use a shaped cutter to make as many cookies as you like.
7) Transfer the cookies to a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Lightly dust the cookies with icing sugar.