Stuffed Aubergine Moussaka Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 aubergine, sliced in half lengthways
- 100g lean minced lamb or turkey
- Half a small red onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 50g green lentils
- Some parsley
- 50g light soft cheese
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp butter
- A bit of lemon
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Stuffed Aubergine Moussaka
- Scoop out the aubergine flesh and dice. Put a bit of salt and lemon juice over the two empty halves, turn upside down and set aside.
- Fry the onion and mince to brown, then add in the diced aubergine, tomatoes, puree and lentils to cook through.
- Divide the mixture into the two aubergine halves. Bake them at 190 degrees C for 40 minutes, during which you can prepare the sauce.
- Sauce: gently heat the milk, butter and flour in a pan til it starts to simmer. Take off the heat and slowly beat in the cheese and egg.
- Add the sauce to the top of your stuffed aubergines once they're cooked through, then return to the oven for another 15 minutes to cook the topping.