Sugar and Butter Free Apple Cake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMakes 1 loaf, or for 8 inch cake tin:
- 300g mixed fruit
- 250g plain flour
- 50ml apple juice concentrate
- 2 apples + 1 tbsp cinnamon (OR 200ml applesauce)
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Sugar and Butter Free Apple Cake
- Cover the mixed fruit with water in a pan and boil gently until all the water is absorbed. Drain and cool.
- If you're making the applesauce, dice the apples (leave skin on), and place in a pan with the cinnamon. Add water to cover the apples halfway. Bring to the boil, then simmer until you can mash it up.
- Mix the applesauce, concentrate, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Carefully stir in the mixed fruit, then transfer to your cake tin.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for about an hour.