Coriander Beef & Aubergines Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Some beef, sliced thin. (I used about a fistful of beef.)
- One Japanese aubergine (eggplant), cut into circles then cut into halves.
- One green bell pepper, chopped up.
- 1 1/2 cup of white mushrooms or shiitake, sliced into pieces.
- 1 medium onion, cut into pieces.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Some broccoli stems
- Some potato starch or cornstarch
- White pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of soysauce
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or beef broth
- Green onions, chopped
- Freshly chopped coriander
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Coriander Beef & Aubergines
I love eggplants, and this recipe is versatile. You can add and adjust flavours, and add more or less veggies if you like.
Even my picky-eater little brother liked it!
- Take your beef slices and combine the garlic, white pepper, black pepper, salt and some potato starch in a container. Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Boil a small pot of salted water, putting the aubergines in. Let it cook in the pot to soften. Remove afterwards and set aside.
- In a big heated wok, put oil. Add the onions and mushrooms.
- Add the other vegetables and beef.
- Stirfry until the vegetables are relatively cooked.
- Add more potato starch in the mixture, then add the chicken broth.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper (if desired) and keep cooking.
- Add red pepper flakes and chopped green onions.
- Serve with corinader generously on top. Serve with white, brown rice or egg/rice noodles. Enjoy.
To make it vegetarian omit the beef and put tofu, and replace broth with water or veggie broth.