Inari Sushi. Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Sushi rice, short grain. Cooked about 1 1/2 cup cooked.
- 1/4 cup of dashi stock.
- Sushi rice vinegar. (Mirin, some sugar, rice vinegar.)
- Some abura-age (Deep fried tofu.) I used 7 (to make 14).
- *Optional: Furikake.
- 4 tablespoons of light Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of dashi stock
- 3 teaspoons of mirin
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Inari Sushi.
This is inari sushi the way I like it.
I add furikake for a kick, but you can omit that.
This makes about 14. Adjust recipe to make more. :D
- Prepare your rice with putting the dashi in with the water. After rice is cooked, add sushi vinegar. Set aside to cool.
- Boil the deep fried tofu for a few minutes. Remove, drain and pat dry. Cut the tofu into halves.
- Boil the tofu again in sweet mixture, then let it simmer for a bit. Let it sit there for a while (overnight if best) then drain, pat dry.
- Mix in furikake in rice if you are using. Take rice with spoon and stuff each tofu pouch with rice mixture.
- Cool and serve or serve immediately.