Quick n' creamy tomato soup Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 large onion, chopped and diced into pieces.
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced.
- 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable stock.)
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1 can of tomato paste.
- 2 tomatoes, cubed.
- 3 tablespoons of flour.
- 3 tablespoons of butter. (or more if you wish.)
- Some parsley, finely diced or dried parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Parmasean cheese.
- 2 slices of bread of your choice.
- A slice of cheese of your choice.
- Diced ham.
- Margarine or butter.
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Quick n' creamy tomato soup
This soup is so easy-peasy to make. I guarantee you a lot of the ingredients needed here are in your pantry! You can easily substitute stuff like chicken broth for vegetable broth, to make it more vegetarian-friendly.
- In a food processor, take your cubed tomatoes and process it till it's a nice puree.
- In a pot, add the olive oil and add the garlic, onion and celery. Stir fry till it smells nice, lol. Or when it's ready, at least.
- Add chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Simmer a bit.
- Add tomato paste and tomato puree. Add more S&P to your taste.
- When it's at a boil, add your butter. Simmer it slightly.
- Stirring, slowly add the flour to thicken it up. Add your parsley and parmasean cheese.
- In a separate pan, heat it up and butter up your two slices of bread. Put cheese and ham and wait till the cheese becomes melty.
- When cheese shows signs of melting, put bread on top and flip over until both sides are nicely browned.