Chinese Steam Bun (Mantou) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 cups all purpose flour
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Chinese Steam Bun (Mantou)
- Sprinkle yeast & sugar over 4 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl. Leave it for 15 mins.
- Pour flour in a bowl & make a well in the center. Pour the yeast mixture & remaining of water. Mix to a dough.
- Transfer to a floured board & knead until smooth. Return dough to bowl & cover with warm cloth for an hour.
- Punch down the dough and cover again for another 20 mins.
- Knead down again & shape into rolls. Place rolls in a steamer for 10 mins. Make sure a gap of 1.5 inch between rolls.
* about 20 servings (depending on the size you make)