Kongu Sambar Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
1.To Pressure Cook:
Thuvar Dhal 1 cup
Chilli Powder 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes 100 gms (2 medium)
Tamarind to taste
Turmeric powder a pinch
Asafoetida a pinch
2. Vegetables Preferred:
Drumstick, Brinjal and potatoes.
3. To grind:
3 table spoon grated coconut
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon Jeera
Salt to taste
Curry Leaves a bunch
Sesame Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Shallots (sambar onions) chopped 3 tablespoon
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Kongu Sambar
1. Pressure cook the items in No 1.
2. Grind the ingredients in No 3 after the dhal is cooked.
3. Stain the water from the boiled items in No 1 into a kadai, add cut and washed vegetables, add salt to taste and boil the vegetables in No 2.
4. Add the ground ingredients in No 3, when the vegetables are half cooked.
5. Add the boiled dhal and switch off the fire in two minutes.
6. Season with oil and mustard seeds.
Fry the Shallots till golden brown and add to the boiling sambar.
7. Add curry leaves with the stem, washed to the sambar.
Turn off the stove and scose it with a tght lid for 5 minutes.