Badam(Almond) Halwa Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup of Badam
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/2 cup of Ghee
- 1/2 tsp of Saffron
- 3 cups of Water
- 1 cup of sugar
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Badam(Almond) Halwa
- Boil 2 cups of water and add badam to it. Let it boil for 5 mins. Allow it to cool.
- Peel off the skin by pressing the badam.
- Grind it by adding milk. Add milk little by little so that u get a good paste. It should neither be too watery nor too hard.
- Soak saffron in 1/2 cup of hot water for 10 minutes. You will get a lovely yellow colour.
- Now mix one cup of sugar to 1/2 cup water.
- Add the saffron water to it.
- Allow the mixture to boil. Keep stirring till you get a single thread consistency.
- Now add the badam paste. Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Add little ghee from time to time. Continue the process(15 to 20 min approx.) till the mixture thickens.(At a point of time u will find stirring difficult and everything will roll together)
- Remove from fire.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Transfer the mixture to the plate.
- Spread it neatly
- Allow it to cool for 5 mins.
- With a knife make the shapes you wish to get.
- Refrigerate for 5 mins. Just check if ur shapes are proper else repeat it with the knife.
- Again refrigerate for 20 to 30 mins. Now u can remove the pieces off the plate.
Badam Halwa is ready to serve!!!!