Tofu & Pineapple Stir-fry Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 cup Bragg's Liquid Amino's
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- water to cover
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and towel-dried well
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 c pineapple- cut into small triangles
- 1/2 c red bell pepper
- 1/2 c orange bell pepper
- 1/4 c green onion
- 1/4 c sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- white rice
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Tofu & Pineapple Stir-fry
For the Marinade and Tofu
- Cut the tofu into triangles 1/4 inch thick. In a non-stick pan (make sure it's non-stick, and no oil is used to dry to tofu out) fry tofu pieces over medium-low heat. Make sure not to over crowd the pan or else it takes longer.
- Fry until lightly golden brown, and the tofu is all dried out. Use a spatula to help press some of the water out while frying, but careful you don't break the tofu!
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and add in the fried tofu. Fill with a little water, enough so all the tofu is submerged. Put in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oils over medium-high heat. Toss in the garlic and onion and cook until onions are clear.
- Add the red and orange peppers and green onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and soy sauce for added flavor, then add the tofu and pineapple and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Place over a bed of white rice.