Apple-y Braised Pork Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsThis was inspired by a recipe for Cider-Braised Pork Chops in the October/November of Cook's Country Magazine. My version is a bit simpler and, I think, tastier. If you don't have a dutch oven, a heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid works too. Or, try this in your crock pot and report back.
- 1 apple, not too starchy
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- chicken stock, maybe 3 cups (enough to cover the lot in the pot)
- 2 pinches dried thyme
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 boneless pork chops (another cut would be fine, I think)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Apple-y Braised Pork
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Rinse meat and pat dry. Heat a little bit of vegetable oil in a dutch oven (or oven-safe saucepan) over medium heat.
- Brown the meat on both sides, then add onion, apple, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and vinegar. Add chicken stock to cover.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and place in the oven.
- Cook until meat is very, very tender, about 1½ hours.
- To serve, spoon delicious apple-and-onion sauce over pork chops, possibly alongside buttered egg noodles and steamed green beans.