Mom's Veggie Ham BBQ Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp pepper (I use stone ground black, but white works, too)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup diced onion (Spanish or Yellow onions work best)
- 1 tsp cooking oil (preferably a light canola)
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs veggie hot dogs (I recommend Yves veggie dogs, but any brand will work)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Mom's Veggie Ham BBQ
- Mix together the sugar, pepper, ketchup, vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large pot, saute the onion in a tsp of oil on medium heat. Once the onions become translucent, stir in the ketchup mixture and remove from heat.
- Place all the veggie dogs on a cookie sheet. Using a large fork, mash up each dog into dice-sized pieces. (You can do this in a bowl or on a plate as well, but I’ve found a cookie sheet works best.) Combine mashed dogs with onion/ketchup mixture. Cook at medium high on the stove top for 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and simmer until lunchtime.