Roasty, Toasty Cauliflower Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 8oz or more kalamata, green, or a mixture of your favorite olives (fresh are best, but canned or jarred will work, too), pitted & halved
- salt & pepper
- your favorite dried Italian herbs (basil, oregano & are all nice)
- olive oil (optional)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Roasty, Toasty Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the head of cauliflower, and remove all the green leaves and the center stem. Break up the cauliflower into bite-sized chunks by hand, and spread the pieces evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the olive halves over the cauliflower. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs to taste. Drizzle with olive oil, if you like.
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the cauliflower is browning and wilted and the olives start to shrivel.
Tips: This dish makes a truly remarkable addition to any standard cold relish tray. Or, for your next party, create a Mediterranean platter including this dish, canned artichokes, roasted red peppers, hummus, and feta cubes! You can also serve piping hot as a side for burgers at a BBQ, or toss over warm pasta with a splash of Italian dressing for a quick (but seemingly fancy) dinner. Serve hot or cold!