Decadent Chocolate Torte Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 4 tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in boiling water, and cooled
- 205g/9oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 568ml carton double cream
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
I used Elmlea (a double cream substitute) instead of normal double cream, to reduce the amount of calories in the cake. They come in convenient pots of 284ml, which is good if you rarely use double cream.
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Decadent Chocolate Torte
- Line an 18cm/7in spring form cake tin with cling film. Melt the chocolate with the syrup and a quarter of the cream. Leave to cool.
- in a large bowl, whip the remaining cream with the coffee and cinnamon until it holds its own shape. Fold in the cooled chocolate mix evenly, then pour into the tin and level the surface. Chill for atleast an hour, or leave overnight.
- Unclip and remove the side of the tin, then peel away the cling film from the side of the cake. Invert, dust with cocoa powder, serve, and enjoy!
I would personally recommend chilling it overnight, but after an hour it should have set enough to get a slice to try.