Eggplant Involtini with mozzarella cheese Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 0,5 cm thick stripes
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 small tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tea spoon of oregano
- 1 tea spoon of herbes de provence
- 1,5 table spoon of oil
- 100 grams of mozzarella
- handful of pistachio nuts
- handful of olives
- can of anchovies
- black pepper
- 200 grams of short pasta such as penne, creste di gallo, fusilli
How to make Eggplant Involtini with mozzarella cheese
- Brush eggplant stripes with oil and grill till golden brown on each side. Remove from grill.
- Heat remaining oil, add garlic and onion, fry 2 min, add tomatoes, fry 5 min.
- Sprinkle with herbs and black pepper.
- Cook pasta according to instruction on the package. Drain and cool down.
- Arrange pasta in a heatproof dish.
- Cover with tomatoes sauce.
- Put piece of anchovies and a bit of mozzarella at one end of eggplant stripe and roll up.
- Repeat with the rest of eggplant stripes.
- Arrange them on the tomatoes sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, olives and pistachio nuts.
- Bake several minutes in the oven in 160 C degrees, till the cheese will melt.