Gyōza with pork and nori filling Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons dried bits of nori
- 2 napa cabbage leaves, minced
- 5 cm long piece white part of leek, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 300 gm ground pork
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 tablespoon of shiro miso
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
How to make Gyōza with pork and nori filling
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, add boiling, mix vigorously with spatula. Once the dough is cool enough to handle, knead till dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece out into a sausage. Divide each dough sausage into eight pieces. Roll out each piece of dough to make one wrapper.
- Mix pork with nori, cabbage, leek and carrot. In separate dish mix sake, miso, sesame oil, ginger, potato starch, sugar and soy sauce.
- Pour liquid into meat filling.
- Marinate minimum 30 minutes.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling on each wrapper, seal the edges and shape dumpling.
- Steam-cook dumplings.
- Serve with soy-ginger sauce.