Hokkaido Squash Tart Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 100 grams of whole wheat flour
- 80 grams of wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 60 grams of butter
- 5-6 tablespoons of butter milk
- 400 grams of cleaned Hokkaido squash, steamed, skin removed
- 50 grams of cleaned celeriac, steamed, diced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated hard cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Hokkaido Squash Tart
- In big bowl sift both flours, add salt and chopped butter, bit by bit, mix, add butter milk, knead dough till it's smooth and uniformed.
- Keep in refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- Roll your dough and put it in a round tart baking tray; place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the celeriac and Hokkaido squash, add eggs, ricotta cheese, parsley and half of the grated cheese. Mix until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake dough about 10 minutes in preheated oven, in 180 C degrees.
- Remove from the oven.
- Pour this filling over the dough, and top with slices of tomato and sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden in color.