Puff pastry cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 500 g wheat flour, type 500
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g of vegetable shortening
- 200 ml of cold water
- 1 spoon of salt
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g peer jelly
- 1 egg, scrambled
How to make Puff pastry cookies
- Mix flour with salt and water, kneed smooth dough.
- Roll it flat and top with slices of butter, fold like an envelope and roll again (if it gets sticky sprinkle with more flour or place in fridge for a while). Continue till run out of butter and vegetable shortening.
- Fold and place in fridge for 30 min, then roll flat again and fold like an envelope and roll flat again and fold and place in fridge. Repeat this procedure at least 4 times but not more that 6 times. Each time whenever it gets sticky feel free to use flour and/or keep longer in the fridge.
- When it's ready, let it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- You can use it in many ways, to bake cookies, or as tart both piquant or sweet.
- If you like to make sweet cookies, just roll the dough flat for about 7 mm thick and cut out rectengulars, deep in egg and sprinkle with sugar and top with tiny dot of jelly (don't use to much because it melts in the oven and floads aroud cookies not at the top).
- Bake in preheated oven, in 250 degrees, just couple of minutes till golden brown.