Zucchini pickles Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 zucchini, sliced very thin
- 1 spring onion, sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of crushed yellow mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup cider vinegar
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Zucchini pickles
- Mix zucchini and onion slices and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer salted zucchini and onion slices to a Japanese pickle maker and screw down the top. Let sit 1 hour.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, honey, mustard seeds and curry in a small saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. Cool down vinegar mixture.
- After about 1 hour, open pickle maker and drain liquid and pat dry.
- Transfer zucchini to a jar and pour over the cooled brine. Stir to distribute the spices.
- Seal tightly and
refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving to allow the flavors to mellow
and permeate the zucchini.