Champignons Veronique Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 60 white button mushrooms, about 1-inch in diameter, stems removed
- 60 white seedless grapes
- 15 ounces Boursin au Poivre, at room temperature
- 1 cup clarified butter, warm
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Champignons Veronique
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- In a large vegetable steamer set over simmering water (or a bamboo steamer set over a wok), steam the mushrooms round-side up for 3 minutes. Cool.
- Place the mushrooms round-side down on a work surface and place one grape in the hollow of each cap. Scoop about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Boursin, and mound it over each mushroom cap, smoothing and completely enclosing the grape. Continue stuffing the remaining mushrooms. Place the Parmigiano-Reggiano in a shallow bowl. Carefully dip each stuffed mushroom into the warm clarified butter, and then dredge gently in the Parmigiano.
- Place the stuffed/coated mushroom caps on the parchment-lined baking sheet(s) and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve at once