Sablés de Sucre Brun Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 pound plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Sablés de Sucre Brun
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring-form pan with 1 teaspoon of butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the remaining two sticks of butter. Add the brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and mix just until blended, being careful not to overmix.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pierce the dough all over with the tines of a fork, and press the edges decoratively with the flat side of the tines.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle lightly over the dough.
- Bake until set and light golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and release the sides of the pan. Cut while warm into 12 wedges.
- Let cool completely for several hours before serving.