Shirred eggs (en cocotte) over refreshing greens Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons goat cheese
- 3 handfuls greens (arugula is perfect)
- 1/2 an asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 overripe avocado
- Fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon, dill, parsley, whatever)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Shirred eggs (en cocotte) over refreshing greens
The eggs are good with anything. The salad and dressing are simply a particularly tasty option. Serves two.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Butter two small oven-proof ramekins or dishes
- Crack an egg into each, top with a crumble of goat cheese, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a half-moon slice of lemon
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- For an extra touch, crisp up the tops under the broiler for about 45 seconds.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and either shake fiercely in a tightly-lidded jar or blitz with a food processor.
- Toss salad ingredients, arrange on two plates.
- Gently scoop out the eggs and lay on top of the greens.
- Give the whole thing a healthy scoop of the dressing.
- Serve with a crusty piece of bread.