Fettuccine with Ricotta-Parmesan Sauce Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Fettuccine - 1 lb (450 gm)
- Broccoli Florets - 2 cups, steamed
- Tomato puree - 1 lb can
- Ricotta Cheese - 1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese - 1.5 cups
- Italian Seasoning - 1.5 tsp
- Jarred Capers - 1 tbsp, drained of the liquid
- Garlic Cloves - 2, minced
- Salt & pepper - to taste
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Fettuccine with Ricotta-Parmesan Sauce
- 1. Steam the broccoli florets with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cover with a plastic wrap, set aside.
- 2. In a large non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the garlic and the capers. Saute for a min to infuse the oil with the garlic. Be careful when adding the capers, as it will sizzle if not properly drained from it preserving liquid.
- 3. Add the tomato puree, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. In a bowl mix in the Ricotta cheese with 1 cup of hot water. Stir it in the tomato sauce and simmer on med heat for about 10-15 min.
- 4. Meanwhile cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- 5. Once the sauce has simmered down and thickened, add the pasta to the sauce. Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the broccoli florets. Stir to combine. Turn the heat off.
- 6. Serve the fettuccine in individual serving bowls topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bon Appétit!