Oooyee Gooyee Baked Macaroni Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Macaroni - 1 lb(450 gm)
- Minced/ground Beef - 1 lb (450 gm)
- Canned Tomato puree - 2 lb can (1 kg)
- Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
- Shredded Italian cheese blend (provolone, mozzarella, romano, asiago, fontina) - 2 cup
- Onion - 1 lrg, chopped finely
- Celery - 1/2 cup, chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1, chopped finely
- Ginger root - 1 inch, grated finely
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp (optional)
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Italian/flat leaf parsley - 1 cup, chopped
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Oooyee Gooyee Baked Macaroni
- 1. In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the ginger, saute to
infuse the oil with the ginger. Add the minced beef, salt and pepper.
Saute till the meat turns brown.
- 2. Add the chopped onions, celery, capsicum and saute for 3-4 min, till the vegetables soften a little.
Add the tomato puree, nutmeg, chili powder and 2 cups of hot water.
Simmer, covered, on medium heat for 30-35 min, stirring occasionally to
avoid any burns at the bottom.
- 4. Once the sauce has
thickened and reduced by 1 cup of the added water, add the dry macaroni
to the sauce. Stir to combine. The sauce at this stage should still be
quite thin for the macaroni to absorb the flavours. If it seems too
thick then add 1/2 cup of hot water. Check for seasoning, simmer on
medium heat for about 15 min.
- 5. Meanwhile preheat you oven to 375F (190C) . Spray a oven proof casserole dish with some oil spray, pour the entire contents of the sauce-macaroni. Carefully stir in, the sugar, 1 cup of the mixed Italian cheese blend and the Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Bake for 30 min. Take the dish out of the oven and
sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of the mixed cheese blend on top of the
macaroni and bake for 10-15 more min, or till the cheese melt and
starts to bubble.
- 7. Let it rest for 5-10 min and then serve topped with the chopped parsley.