Pulled Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Boneless Turkey Breast Fillet – 1 lb (450gm)(you can alternatively use chicken breast fillet)
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Jalapeno– 1, finely chopped
- Dijon mustard sauce – 3 tbsp
- Ketchup – 5 tbsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Lettuce – 1 leaf per sandwich
- Sour cream – 4 tbsp
- Bread rolls – 4
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Pulled Turkey Sandwich
- 1. Wash and pat dry the turkey fillet with a paper towel. Cut them in strips.
- 2. Mix in the Dijon mustard sauce, ketchup, salt, and black pepper in a bowl to make the marinade*.
- 3. Marinate the turkey strips for half hour.
- 4. In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- 5. Add the turkey strips, along with the marinade and the chopped jalapeno. Saute for 3-5 min.
Add 1/2 cup of water, and simmer on low-med heat, till the extra water
is evaporated. Adding the extra water will allow the turkey to stay
- 7. While cooking, break the turkey meats with a wooden spatula, so as to avoid lumping. This will give the cooked turkey, the impression of been pulled from a whole roasted turkey.
- 8. Once the turkey is cooked, arrange the sandwiches. Toast the buns on both side.
- 9. Place a leaf of lettuce on the heal(bottom-half) of the bun, topping with a generous amount of the pulled turkey, Cilantro, and 1 tbsp of sour cream. Place the crown (top-half) of the bun. Serve.**
*For some brands, the mustard sauce tend to be very salty, so add only 1/2 tsp of salt. You can always add more if you need it.
**If you like it hot like me, before placing the crown, season with some more black pepper.