Wafer Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cupof icing sugar
- 6 tbsp of Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking powder
- Icing sugar, for garnish
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of icing sugar, sifted
- lemon juice for a fresh taste
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Wafer Cookies
I like small things. Just a good snack between and soo delicious... you can make the filling with the taste you like. Use mint, orange, chocolate or whatever you prefer!
- Beat the butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Sift together the icing sugar
and the cocoa powder over the butter and beat in.
- Stir in the vanilla,
egg yolk and milk.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the cocoa
mixture and blend until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a flat circle, wrap and chill for 20 minutes to harden it.
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- On a surface lightly dusted with icing
sugar, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut it into 1 ½-inch
circles (or any shape you like!) and transfer carefully to a
parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the
cookies can be lifted easily away from the parchment.
- Allow to cool on
- Put the egg white in a bowl and beat in the icing
sugar and lemon juice, a few tablespoonfuls at a time, until a soft
- Decorate with some icing sugar.