Brie Cheese Fondue Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 250g of Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg (i left this out)
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
- salt and white pepper to taste
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Brie Cheese Fondue
- Rub the garlic all over a cooking pot and your fondue pot, leaving the crushed pieces in the bottom.
- Add the white wine to the pot and heat over medium-low heat.
- Toss the cheese cubes in cornstarch to coat.
- When the wine is hot, add the cheese.
- Stir slowly with a wooden spoon at first and then use a whisk.
- Stir constantly to keep it from scorching on the bottom of the pot.
- When the cheese has melted, add the spring onions and remove it from the heat,
- Grate in a little nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The fondue should be smooth and coat a wooden spoon.
- If it seems to runny, add more cheese.
If it is too thick, add a splash more wine --sparingly.
- Pour the cheese into your fondue pot and keep fondue warm over low heat.
- Serve with: french bread, potatoes, broccoli, sausages... or anything you like.