Espresso Cupcakes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder (more if using regular coffee)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 container (4 oz, 125 g) of mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder (more if using regular coffee)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) of dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Espresso Cupcakes
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and instant
espresso into a small sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine.
- Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine.
- Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, milk, 2 teaspoons espresso powder and the powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into decorating bag fitted with 1/4-inch writing tip.
fill each cupcake, insert tip of bag into center of cooled cupcake;
gently squeeze bag until cupcake expands slightly but does not burst
(each cupcake should be filled with about 1 tablespoon filling).
- Heat the cream in a double boiler until it just starts to boil.
- Pour in the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted and integrated with the cream.
- While it is still warm, spread a thin layer of it over the cupcakes. It will harden when it cools.
- Decorate with white chocolate shavings.