Easy Pancakes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsI got this recipe off somewhere online and tweaked it a bit by adding the vanilla and mixing this batter with a fork. It was the first recipe I tried for pancakes and it has never failed me!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 teapoons of vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, peaches, blueberries, apples, bananas, etc.) (optional)
- Maple syrup/honey (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Easy Pancakes
- Preheat your pan or griddle to about medium heat. Do NOT turn the heat up or else the distribution of the heat is going to be mainly focused on the center. This may burn your pancakes on contact.
- In one bowl, sift or evenly distribute the dry ingredients.
- This prevents the baking soda, powder, salt, and sugar from being concentrated in one part of the flour when mixed with the wet ingredients. Use the fork to break up any lumps in the mix.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix with the fork as you go.
- Do not overmix!
- Stir enough so that the flour is mixed in well.
- Your batter is ready for the pan/griddle!
- The recipe I used called for about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake but that's up to you. I usually just use a ladle for better handling.
- Each pancake should take about a minute or so on each side (until golden brown).
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or powdered sugar.
- I've also used this mix in a waffle iron press and it works perfectly!
- Make this for yourself, impress your significant other, or treat your parents :).
- And of course, enjoy!