Best Ever Tabbouleh Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Light Bulghur
- 3 bunches crisp, fragrant parsley
- 2 English cucumbers
- 2 pkgs mint chopped
- 1 box cherub tomatoes
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Best Ever Tabbouleh
- Soak (do not cook) the bulghur while you prepare the other ingredients. When al dente squeeze out the excess water in a tea towel.
- Wash the parsley to eliminate any dirt, and then spin dry in a salad spinner.
- pull off the parsley ends separately without including any stems. Chop finely with sharp knife, NOT IN A FOOD PROCESSOR.
- Wash and chop the mint and the cilantro.
- Deseed the English cucumbers and dice. Don't peel them.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and then add the bulghur.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Cut the cherub tomatoes only as needed for each serving, when serving. This keeps the salad fresh and fragrant for days. Enjoy!
This is a crisp fragrant salad which will stay fresh for days, if it lasts that long. Don't put green onions in it, because it overpowers all of the other fragrances. By the way, you can buy a 2 pound box of Cherub tomatoes at Sam's Club for the same cost as 18 oz at the supermarket. I love them because they are sweet and delicious all by themselves.