Paleo Chili Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- handfull of shiitaki mushrooms
- 2+ large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- chopped garlic, to taste
- 3 Tbs. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. paprika
- 2 Tbs. cumin
- 1# grass fed beef, cubed
- 1# ground turkey (white, dark or a mix)
- 2 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes w/ puree
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Paleo Chili
- in a large crock pot, empty both cans of crushed tomatoes and turn the crock pot on high.
- add all but one Tbs. of chili powder to the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- brown the turkey meat in a pan and add it to the crock pot
- add 1Tbs. of olive oil to the same pan and pan fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic, adding them to the crock pot when they are ready
- add another Tbs. of olive oil to the pan, adding in the last Tbs. of chili powder
- brown the beef in this mixture thoroughly adding into the crock pot when done