Easy Apple Tart Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (defrosted in the fridge for 1hr)
2 granny smith apples (or other type of tart apple)
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c apricot jam
2T cold unsalted butter (cut into small dice)
1T lemon juice
How to make Easy Apple Tart
An easy and elegant dessert, also very tasty for breakfast!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Peel apples, cut in half and remove core. Slice into 1/8 inch slices with knife or V-slicer/mandoline. Toss apple slices with lemon juice.
3. Unfold puff pastry sheet and divide into thirds at the creases in the pastry (if your puff pastry doesn't come pre folded, just cut into thirds with a knife).
4. Arrange apple slices on puff pastry. Sprinkle each piece with a third of the sugar. Dot with butter. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 min or until pastry and apples are golden brown.
5. While the tarts are baking heat the apricot jam up with the water. Stir to combine.
6. Brush the tarts with the apricot jam. Serve and enjoy!