Braised Pork Shortribs w/ Toasted Mushroom Barley Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsPork Short ribs
1/2 bottle Shiraz
fresh tomato juice
crushed red pepper
How to make Braised Pork Shortribs w/ Toasted Mushroom Barley
- brown ribs in olive oil, when brown remove and add
- sweat mirepoix, add pork
- add tomato paste and cook.
- add 1 cup wine and cook until dry.
- add tomato juice and cook til 1/2
- add rest of wine. make sure liquid covers atleast 3/4
of meat, not add stock or water.
- cook on stove top on low for 3 hours or in a 300
degree oven until meat is tender.
- place 1 cup barley into sauce pan, coat with olive oil.
- toast barley.
- add 1.5-2 cups water and bring to boil.
- add dried morels and quatered criminis.
- cover pan and simmer until barley is puffed. add aromatic olive oil to taste.
- peel asparagus
- steam, when bright green, take out and salt and toss in quality olive oil and lemon juice.
- reduce pork cooking liquid to desired consistency.
- place a large spoonful of barley in bowl.
- place short ribs in barley.
- spoon sauce around base of barley
- place asparagus on pork
- finish with quality olive oil.