Gingerbread Cake Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Gingerbread Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-by-13-inch cake pan; set aside.
In a bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, ground spices, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
With an an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until light. Beat in brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in molasses and grated ginger, baking-soda mixture, and flour mixture. Beat in eggs.
Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares; dust with confectioners’ sugar.
(Originally from Bread and Honey Blog )