Eggplant & Butternut Squash Chicken Curry Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
1 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
1 eggplant, cubed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed
14 ounces coconut milk
1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup water, divided
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Eggplant & Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
1. Add vegetable oil to a hot pan. Slide in garlic. Once it sizzles, add chicken and cook halfway through, approximately 3-6 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix coconut milk with fish sauce, hot chili sauce, 1/2 cup water, curry, cardamom, sugar and dried basil. Add to the chicken and garlic.
3. Immediately throw in the butternut squash and eggplant and simmer covered until veggies soften, approximately 7 -10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir water into cornstarch and pour into curry mixture. Cook another 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken. Sprinkle with salt to taste before serving.