John Dory with Fennel and Coriander & Lime Salsa Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 John Dory fillets
- 6 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- juice of half a lime
- good handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel, sliced
- well-seasoned plain flour, for dusting
- olive oil and butter for frying
- salt & pepper
- a generous pinch of caster sugar
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make John Dory with Fennel and Coriander & Lime Salsa
Here I've served this gorgeous fish dish with well-buttered crushed new potatoes, but you could also serve it with rice, or just some good crusty brown bread.
For the salsa:
- Combine lime, tomatoes, coriander, sugar, shallot and season to taste. Mix well.
- Ideally make at least 2 hours before serving and allow to sit covered in the fridge.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan to a medium heat and add the fennel, seasoning well.
- Cook the fennel slowly for about 10 minutes until soft and tender.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Coat the fish in the seasoned flour
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan (preferably one that can also go in the oven) on a medium-high heat
- Fry skin-side down until crispy and golden brown - 4 minutes or so
- Turn fish and fry for a further 2 minutes on the non-skin side.
- Transfer to the oven and cook through for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately!