Kheema (minced lamb, potato and pea curry) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
800g of lean minced lamb
4 medium potatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
2 medium onions, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves
2 inches ginger, peeled
3-4 green chillies
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Half a bowl of frozen peas
2 teaspoons salt
Handful of coriander
1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya)
1 1/2 half tsp turmeric (haldi)
1 tsp ground cumin
pinch of garam masala
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Kheema (minced lamb, potato and pea curry)
A delicious curry from the Punjab (Northern India).
- In a large pot, fry the onions in veg oil until soft (approx 5 mins) on medium heat.
- Blend the garlic, chillies & ginger in a mixer and add to the onions, continue frying for for 2-3 mins.
- Add the minced lamb and fry until browned.
- Add the spices (NOT garam masala) and salt and allow to cook for 2-3 mins, stirring frequently.
- Blend the tinned tomatoes and add to the pot. Fry for 5 mins, stirring a lot.
- Add potatoes and a glass of water, mixing well. Turn up the heat for 5-7 mins to allow the potatoes to cook.
- Turn down and allow to simmer for 25 mins.
- Add frozen peas and continue to simmer for 20 mins.
- Add garam masala 5 mins from time and throw in some fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with basmati rice or chapatis.