Mushroom, bacon & tomato pasta Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 rashers of bacon, sliced into 1 inch cubes
7-8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tin of chopped Roma tomatoes, blended
30ml double cream
sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
Few drops of tabasco sauce
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Mushroom, bacon & tomato pasta
Simple yet delicious...my mother used to make this dish when we were small and I love it! Perfect for fry-up left overs...
- Prepare all ingredients. Fry garlic in olive oil in a large frying pan on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms and fry for 3-4 mins, throw in bacon and allow to cook (drain any excess fat).
- Throw in the tomatoes, seasoning, tabasco and allow to simmer for 20 mins, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta of choice (fusilli works well).
- Add cream to pasta sauce and allow to heat up, then serve with pasta.