Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- bunch of kangkong (water spinach) pick the leaves and tender stems
- okra sliced on a bias
- string beans cut into 2 inches length
- eggplant sliced in quarters
- small bitter gourd sliced
- squash, cubed
- pork belly, boiled and sliced into strips (reserve about a cup of the liquid. make sure you didn't salt it)
- bagoong (fermented shrimp paste. substitute with fish sauce if you cant find this stuff)
- minced garlic
- sliced onions
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Pinakbet
- Saute garlic and onions. When the onions starts to get translucent, add in the pork strips. Brown them up a bit.
- Add in the bagoong and mix. Pour the liquid you boiled the pork in and let simmer over medium heat.
- Start adding the veggies. Start with the squash since its the one that takes longest to cook. When its almost fully cooked add in the bitter gourd, string beans, okra, eggplant and water spinach stems. Simmer until they get half cooked and bright green in color. Lastly add the leaves. The moment they get wilted the dish is done!