Sweet Bean Empanada Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsYou can actually substitute whatever filling you like. I just happen to have sweet bean paste at hand so I decided to fill my crust with it and fry it.
- pie crust dough (pre made or follow my recipe)
- filling of your choice, in my case sweet bean paste. (jams or preserves would be good, meat and other savory stuff would work well too as long as it would not be way too moist or wet to prevent the crust from being soggy.)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Sweet Bean Empanada
- Roll out the dough and using a small saucer cut out circles.
- Put about a tbsp. of filling on one side of the dough.
- Wipe some water with the tip of your finger on the edges and bring up the other end of the dough to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Deep fry in medium heat till the crust is golden brown.