Brown Rice with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Ingredients2 Cups Brown Rice
1/2 Large Red Onion
2 Small Eggplants
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Red Pepper
6 Green Olives, sliced
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1/6 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/6 Cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
4 Tsp Lemon Pepper
2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
Sea Salt and Pepper
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Brown Rice with Roasted Vegetables
This is a great vegetarian dish that everyone enjoy. It's healthy, and full of wonderful tastes and the charcoaled vegetables add a summer taste to the salad. Vegetarians can enjoy it with a simple green salad, and non-vegetarians can enjoy this with their favorite BBQ beef or chicken.
- Start by cooking the brown rice in 3 cups of water until tender and ready to eat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Then get the BBQ ready and heated
- Cut the Red onion, red peper, and eggplant in half, brush with little olive oil and cook on the BBQ for 4-5 minutes on each side
- In the meantime prepare the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients and setting it aside
- While you're letting the grilled vegetables cool down, start by placing the rice in the serving dish and adding the diced tomatoes
- Then coarsely chop the griled vegetables and place them into the rice mixture. Add sliced olives and mix together.
- Spoon desired amount of the dressing over top and serve