Havarti Egg Sandwich with Sriracha Chili Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMakes 1 serving.
- ½ Baguette sliced half way through
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice of Havarti Cheese (Boars Head is always a good choice)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Sriracha Chili
- Handful of spring mix veggies (washed)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Havarti Egg Sandwich with Sriracha Chili
If you liked this recipe, please visit:
This is a really simple, really delicious recipe that can be whipped up in a few minutes. Perhaps I am a bit bias, but I simply LOVE this recipe, mostly because it's a combination of a lot of my favorite ingredients tucked neatly into a slice of baguette.
The taste of Sriracha really adds a lot to this dish, and I'm sure avid users of Sriracha will agree with me. The amazing thing about this red sauce is that you can add it to almost anything, and it will instantly make the food liven up and tastier then it began. But of course, you must use it moderately, or it's flavor can fully cover the taste of the other ingredients, and you don't want that. I have a very easy, very simple use of Sriracha with endamame beans, but that will have to be saved for another post.
Anyway, I hope you try this out! I always love to make it for a quick dinner if I have something to do or when I come home too late to cook. You can always alter the amount of each ingredient. I'm sure the final product will still be a palate pleaser!
- Spread butter on both sides of baguette, place havarti cheese slice inside, and place in an oven at 350 degrees. Bake until golden, or crispy.
- Spread oil evenly on a frying pan, heat, and crack egg into pan to fry. (I like to fry my egg so that the center is not fully cooked. That way, when you bite into the sandwich, the yolk oozes out, and gives an extra burst of taste.)
- Squeeze Sriracha on top of egg. Transfer egg to baguette.
- Sprinkle spring mix veggies on top.