Creamy Crawfish Pasta Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 (8-ounce) package linguine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 (2-pound) package frozen crawfish tails, thawed*
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of Hot sauce (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Creamy Crawfish Pasta
Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until blended. Add green onions and next 4 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add bouillon cube and next 7 ingredients; cook 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hot sauce, if desired. Serve over linguine noodles; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
*2 pounds peeled, medium-size fresh or frozen shrimp can be substituted for crawfish tails.
Serves 6 to 8
I found crawfish tail meat in the frozen food section with the seafood at my local grocery store.