Easy and pretty healthy ground turkey over rice Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
I basically added what I had left over in the fridge :) please feel free to change it up and add more of less of whatever you want! :)
the below what was in the pictured product
- ground turkey or pork (1lb)
- cilantro (half of the bundle)
- red mild chili pepper
- onion (half, chopped)
- green pepper (whole, chopped)
- mushrooms (about 12 chopped)
- soy sauce (enough)
- 1/2 cup of water
- rice wine (1/2 the amount of soysauce)
- pepper (salt if you'd like too)
- sprinkle of cumin (optional)
- green onions chopped (save for later)
- egg (optional)
additional ingredients that I have added in the past that also works
- spinach (chopped)
- shiitake mushrooms
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Easy and pretty healthy ground turkey over rice
This is something I make when I am lazy and looking for a quick and simple meal. I only call it healthy because it has lots of veggies and I am not adding additional salt or oils. The amount of veggies helps you feel full without all of the calories.
Veggies are 0 points for weight watchers so you would only have to count the calories/fat from the meat and rice. In my case, the whole meal was under 5 points.
- heat up pan (use oil if you do not have a non stick) + cook the meat
- add soy sauce + rice wine + water + cumin
- add all of the chopped up veggies (your choice to add all green onions, half or none)
- simmer until everything is cooked thoroughly
- add on top of rice and sprinkle uncooked green onions on top