Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- * 1 pint of blueberries
- * 1/2 of a lemon (using the rind and juice)
- * 3/4 tsp peeled, grated ginger
- * 1/2c granulated sugar, divided
- * 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- * 3/4c all purpose flour, divided
- * 1/4 tsp baking powder
- * 2 tbsp chilled butter
- * 3 oz chilled cream cheese (reduced fat is fine)
- * 1/3c milk (use buttermilk if you have it)
- * 2 tsp turbinado sugar (Brown sugar is fine if it’s all you have. The flavor is close enough, but it will not result in the same crunchy texture.)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Blueberry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking dish (es) with cooking spray.
- Grate 1/2 tsp of the lemon rind and set aside.
- Combine blueberries, lemon juice, and ginger in a medium bowl. Add 1/4c sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1 tbs flour. Toss to combine.
- Add the blueberries to your coated baking dishes. Use a 9" square dish or a combination of smaller dishes (ramekins work well).
- Combine the remaining granulated sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Add the butter, lemon rind, and cream cheese to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the milk, and pulse until blended.
- Spoon the mixture over the berries.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes if using small ramekins; approx 45 mins if using a larger dish.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!