German swiss roll Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
20gm almond paste
3 egg yolks
1 tsp instant coffee
1 tbsp hot water
2 egg white
40 gm sugar
30gm praline or icing sugar
fine sugar for dusting
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make German swiss roll
1. Heat the butter to melt and scoop out the foam . leave to cool at 60 C.
2.Add yolks to almond paste and whisk till thicken. Dissolve coffee in hot water and add to yolk mixture.
3. Whisk egg white till frothy and add sugar little at a time and beat till thicken. Add half portion to yolk mixture and stir. Add sifted flours , mix well, Add remain white and mix again.
4. Add the butter which been melted earlier. mix well and pour into a prepared tray lined with greased-proof paper.
5. Bake in the oven at 200 C for 7 mins. Remove cake and cut in half.. Meantime, Cream the butter and add the praline. or icing sugar . Spread over cakes and roll up tight and neat ,using a paper to help you.
6. Dusting some fine sugar on top . Using an hot iron rod, mark 2 lines on the swiss roll.
7. Slice 1/2 " thick to serve.
For detail picture , take a look at mariannecooksfoodrecipe.blogspot.com