Strawberries Galettes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Pate Brisee (Short crust pastry)
All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups (175gr)
Salt - 1/2 tsp (2gr)
White sugar - 1 tbps (14gr)
Butter - 1/2 cup (113gr) - chilled and cut into small pieces (the smaller the better)
Ice water - 30-60ml
Strawberries - 454gr
White sugar - 1/4c (50gr)
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
All purpose flour - 10-20gr (1 or 2 tbsp)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Strawberries Galettes
*Make the crust:
- Combine flour, salt and sugar.
- Add butter, combined using a wooden spatula or your hand is totally okay until the mixture resembles coarse meal
- Pour in about 30ml ice water, mix the dough together. If it’s too dry and does not hold together, add a little bit more water and continue mixing. The dough for crust is done when everything holds together when pinched
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chilled in the fridge for about 1 hour. This step will chill the butter and make it easier for the following steps.
- Once chilled, divide the dough ball into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each portion on a floured surface to make a circle (about 18cm in diameter). Cover w plastic wrap and keep the pastry in the fridge to firm up
*Make the filling:
- Combine all ingredients together, divide into 4 equal parts
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, add the fillings, leaving about 2,5cm border from the edges of the pastry.
- Gently fold the edges of the pastry up and over the filling, leaving the center open. Press the edges gently to make sure the pastry sticks together. Chill for about 15-30 mins
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bake the galettes for about 25-30 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling and start to run out from the center.
- Cool before serving. Best in the day made.